Full disclosure: I’m not a big fan of bios and about pages. Between social media profiles and too many get-to-know-ya exercises since grade school, I’m a little burned out on the whole idea. One of the reasons I write is to put a little piece of me out there into the world; hidden, but discoverable. That’s a far more interesting way to get to know someone, don’t you think? Me too.
But for the sake of curiosity and playing nicely, here are twelve quick facts about me:
- I am a writer. It takes guts and a dose of delusion to say such a thing. Guts for the responsibility the title brings and delusion for the elusiveness of the trade. But with it also comes pride and determination. I am proud to dedicate my life to words and stories. I am determined to make that life a reality or, at the least, to live inside my fantasy.
- I was born and raised in Northern Kentucky. I affectionately call home the Bluegrass and hope that one day it resolves its identity crisis as seen in the slogan, Northern Kentucky, the southern side of Cincinnati.
- I shamefully love reality TV. There is good reality TV and there is bad reality TV. I love it all.
- Hunter S. Thompson is the writer I look up to most which I think means I’m in for a lot of trouble. Hopefully it also means that I’ll leave one hell of a mark on the world.
- I lived in Stuttgart, Germany for three months and traveled Europe mostly solo. Adventure is my new religion.
- I am an aspiring bookworm and cinephile. My overstocked bookshelf and film degree come in handy often.
- I dance like nobody is watching whether or not anyone is watching. Usually, I’m alone in my room or behind the wheel.
- I’m a second generation Deadhead thanks to Dad.
- I was once the best flautist to roam the halls of Turkey Foot Middle School. One of my proudest moments was dethroning the reigning first chair. Recognize.
- One of my sanctuaries on Earth is Terra Blues in New York City. Best live jazz and blues I know.
- Gangs of New York is one of my favorite movies. I often dream that Marty discovers me as his next muse. I’m convinced that this will happen one day.
- I constantly wish for you to send me your stories. You can send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @MoveMeBright, and join the facebook page.
Subscribe to this blog by signing up at the right, just below the search.